Wednesday, September 30, 2009

HOLY CRUD!!! 40 WEEKS TODAY!!!

We are officially 40 weeks pregnant and I can't believe it. Today is our due date!!! OMG!!!! I have to admit that I have been praying to the Lord Almighty that baby Miles would arrive early, but that has obviously not happened. I can't believe how different I feel this week than I felt last week. I am really dragging now and all the pressure on my girlie parts is starting to lose it's appeal!!! I am having one heck of time breathing -- my Midwife was cracking up the other night becuase I was literally out of breath from putting the turkey in the crockpot and hitting start!!! It also feels like baby Miles is trying to burrow his way out through my belly button. I swear I'm going to rip open at the navel and he's going to just pop out. I'm also just down right exhausted. Between frequent middle of the night trips to the bathroom and prelabor contractions I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get any sleep. I've now taken to napping 2-3 times per day. It helps a little. I guess it's all just preparation. More importantly, though, I just can't wait any longer to see him!!! Jason is experiencing the same anxiousness. We're just both so ready to see his beautiful little face and hold him in our arms. Jason tries to coax him out every night with promises of tons of love and playtime, but he only kicks and rolls and punches!!! He's so not ready to leave his cozy little womb. Sigh. I wish I weren't so darn warm and cozy.

Well, now we just play the waiting game. Maybe he will come today, maybe not. All I know is that every day that goes by feels like 2 days and I hope that he decides to join sooner rather than later!!! I'll post a belly pic later today -- I'm gigantor!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda,

    Congratulations! I hope all went well with your labor and delivery!

    I hope you remember me! Please pardon the 'stalking' ... we went to Resurrection together in Chicago and I've thought a lot about you over the years and wondered how you were doing. I googled your name b/c I couldn't find you on facebook and came across your wedding video of all things! Stunning! {and that's how I came to your blog...by searching your married name.}

    I remember how you called me the day you were moving out to CA to get my info and I never heard from you, but now I see your life had changed drastically! I am so happy for your family and that your dad fulfilled his dream. I've told my husband how you told me about the Santa Claus movies WAY before they ever came out! :)

    Well, mama...so glad your life is a little more complete with your babe. I hope you're not creeped out by me looking you up. Like I said...I've just thought of you over the years and believe it or not, high school was never the same for me after you left. You were a very positive person and I really missed you for a while...especially our pasta and cheese fries lunches...and me gaining the weight for both of us! :) Did you ever keep in touch with Enza? I wonder how she's doing?

    Take care!

    Michelle {Walsh} Kendall
    shellplease@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete