Wednesday, July 29, 2009

WHAT'S IN A NAME???

I was kicking back, loving on the baby, and I realized that I don't think I ever officially announced his name!!! We've been calling him by it since I was 18 weeks pregnant and we've had it picked out since before he was conceived!!! I'm pretty sure that everyone already knows it -- but I will announce it officially -- just for the heck of it!!! Drum roll please -- our little bundle of boy has officially been named -- MILES ALEXANDER KOITER!!! Like I said -- since week 18 he has been lovingly referred to as "Baby Miles" and we are so in love with the name. Most people agree -- and we've been really blessed by the out pouring of support and love for the name. Of course, there are those few people who sneer or make rude comments because they think that it matters to us that they don't like the name -- but it doesn't. It's like Nana Bernero said -- she likes it and that's all that should matter!!! ;0) Beside the fact that the name is simultaneously cute and distinguished, we also love the meaning behind it. Miles is of Latin origin and means Soldier or Warrior and Alexander means Defender of Humankind. He's our little Soldier of Humankind!!! Miles means merciful in german, as well, so you could even say that he's A Merciful Soldier of Humankind!!! What a strong and honorable name!!! He's also named after one the greatest music legends of all time -- Mr. Davis himself. Of course, none of that really matters, because he could have no name and he'd till be the most incredible baby ever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment