Wednesday, September 16, 2009

38 WEEKS PRENATAL APPOINTMENT

We met with our Midwife last night for our 38 week prenatal appointment and baby Miles is soooooooo ready to be born!!! He has already engaged and, according to Renee, is sitting at Station 0!!!! For anyone who doesn't know what that means -- and I'm sure most people don't -- Baby Miles has dropped down into my pelvic girdle and his head is lined up with the ischial spine!!! Basically -- once I am fully dialated and effaced Baby Miles will only need to move a small distance through the birth canal and out!!!! Renee and Jason were both able to feel the baby's head with their fingers -- which is very very exciting. Jason has been so involved in this whole process and I don't know any other daddy out there that can say they were able to feel their baby's head in the birth canal before labor even began. Needless to say, Jason was also very excited about this. We are just playing the waiting game now -- hoping that each day that arrives will be THE day. Of course, Baby Miles will come when he's good and ready, but we can hope for sooner than later. His heartrate was a brilliant 140 beats per minute and he sounds as healthy as ever. As for me -- I am having pre-labor pains on and off -- contracting and dialating slowly. I have been enjoying each sensation as they come -- knowing that every time I have them they bring me closer to meeting our wonderful little bundle of boy. I know that the rushes will get stronger and more frequent and I am really looking forward to the time when they signify the big "event" and aren't just preparation. For now, I am enjoying day #2 of maternity leave and balancing preparation with relaxation. Today -- it is my goal to get the bedroom dusted, vaccuumed, and deep cleaned!!!! Tomorrow -- the bathroom!!!! ANd I do believe that a nap is in order!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment