Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE'S ONLY 3 WEEKS LEFT!!!

I really can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by. I am shocked that we only have 3 short weeks before Miles' estimated birth day. It seems like only yesterday Jay and I were charting out our fertility and praying for positive pee sticks!!!! Now we're tying up loose ends making sure that everything is ready for us to welcome our little guy home. My nesting instincts have kicked into full gear and I have been going non-stop with the OCD cleaning!!! The compulsions are strong enough to wake me up in the middle of the night!!! I literally cannot fall back asleep until I have taken care of whatever project has me up at the moment. We cleaned and reorganized the garage this weekend so that we could hang the baby's stroller and travel gear and his entire closet is organized by size. I cleared out two of the drawers in my dresser so that I can keep diapering and breastfeeding essentials in our bedroom as well -- and all of this was just this weekend. I'm a little embarrased to tell you what we've already accomplished in the past several weeks. Let's just say that we may be the most prepared first time parents on the planet. We've even begun making crockpot meals everyday and freezing several dinners at a time so that when the baby comes we will have an entire freezer worth of dinners to get us by for the first couple of weeks. Of course, there are still a few things that we need get squared away -- but we will get to it!!! For now -- I'm just going to try and enjoy these precious last few weeks. I'm going to miss having this baby all to myself. Those kicks -- as painful as they can be -- are so special!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment