Monday, August 17, 2009

SLEEP??? WHAT'S THAT?

It's seems that these past 2 weeks, sleep is what I do between trips to the bathroom!!! It's really an amazing routine that I have going these days. I pass out on the couch while watching X-Files. I get about an hour of sleep before Jason puts me and the house to bed. I rub shae butter on my belly and make a bathroom pit stop, before Jason reads baby Miles and I "Good Night Moon." I shift and shuffle trying to find the right position to fall back asleep. I finally doze off for another hour and then wake to the burning urge to pee -- again. So I slowly hoist myself up and out of bed, using nearby furniture to hold myself up -- because the baby weighs 40lbs when you're half asleep -- and waddle my way to the bano!!! I waddle back -- sleep for another hour -- then jump out of bed to relieve the searing cramp that has taken over my leg!!! I pee -- again -- go back to bed and lie awake for 45 minutes because now Miles is wide awake and using my rib cage as a soccer ball. I finally doze off only to awaken an hour later to pee -- AGAIN. At this popint -- for some reason -- I will fall asleep -- for the 5th time -- and not awaken again until morning -- at which point I have to pee!!! I literally live my days based on my bladder's schedule!!! ;0) It's truly amazing how fast my body processes liquid waste!!! ASTOUNDING!!!! So -- thanks to my incredible bladder -- I am learning what it will be like to be up at all hours of the night when Baby Miles finally arrives. That being said -- I'm tired. Sooooo tired. I think a nap is definately in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment