Saturday, January 24, 2009

INTELLIGENDER????


So -- I'm scanning this pregnancy magazine (I can't remember which one) and I come across and advertisement for a product called "Intelligender: Gender Prediction Test" and I freak. Gender prediction? Really? So I jumped onto my trusty laptop and ran a search for this exciting product. The website lures you in IMMEDIATLEY with their slogan "Pink or Blue: We'll Tell You". I WANNA KNOW!!!! So of course the who, what, where, when, why and how much pop into my head. This nifty little kit costs $35 and promises to determine the sex of your baby at as early as 8 weeks (8-12 weeks earlier than ultrasound) and at a 90% accuracy rate. It tests the urine for male DNA (which the mother would only have in her system if she were pregnant with a boy). If there is no male DNA present you are most likely pregnant with a little girl and vice versa. All you have to do is pee in a little cup. If there is male DNA the test turns green. If there isn't the test turns orange. It's that easy!!! So -- I'm thinking -- I'm in the middle of my 5th week (early I know) by next wednesdy I will be starting my 6th week which means I could potentially know the sex of our baby in 3 more weeks!!!! I'm buying this sucker!!!! I may buy 2. I mean -- it can't hurt to test twice. Maybe wait a few weeks after the first test and try again just to make sure?!?!? I love modern technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment