Sunday, January 25, 2009

PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS

So -- today is Week 4 Day 6 of pregnancy (translates to the last day before I am fully 5 weeks and heading into my 6th week) and I have noticed that the mild nausea, dizziness, and faintness have disappeared. I am so thrilled and remain cautiously optimistic that I suffered the worst of those symptoms and that this is NOT the calm before the storm. I do still have the extreme and I mean EXTREME breast tenderness. Good grief. Sorry Dad... Jaybo and Cris... and John.... and any man who did not want to hear about my boobies. Anyways -- on to the real reason for this blog!!!! I am experiencing a very weird symptom. I have cramps, which in and of themselves are not weird. I have read countless articles on early pregnancy cramps and about how normal and common they are. The weird part is that they come on about 11pm and last until about 5am every night. I can sail through the day with minimal discomfort, but as soon as I begin to wind down for the night -- BAM -- cramp central. What the heck? This coupled with the very strange dreams that I have been having as of late is enough to keep me tossing and turning all night long, missing out on the precious 12 hours of sleep that I for some reason now require!!!! Come on!!! Isn't it a little early for the pregnancy gods to be giving me a taste of what it will be like when the baby is here??? I suppose it's never too early to get a good understanding of the lack of sleep that I will endure in the coming years!!! Oh and Jason too -- I've been keeping him up with my wacky sleep talking and tossing and turning!!! Oh well -- what an adventure. I wonder what today, tomorrow, and next week have in store!!! It's a little thrilling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment