Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WE'VE CHOSEN OUR MIDWIFE!!!

I am so excited to announce that Certified Professional Midwife Renee Sicignano and owner of Gentle Beginning Birth Service will provide our prenatal care, nutritional counseling, and attend our home birth!!! That's right!!! I said -- Home birth!!! It is my deepest desire to have our baby in a quiet and peaceful home environment without the use of harmful drugs. I believe that our birth will be beautiful and blessed and that the baby and I are in the best of hands!!! Renee is associated with Perinatologists at Cedar Sinai and Glendale Adventist and in the event of an emergency or the need to transfer for non-emergency reasons, we have already discussed that we are willing and prepared to make those sacrifices!!! We know that as with anything in life, that our birth plan will probably not go exactly as expected, but we are none-the-less thrilled to have the opportunity to move forward in our goals for a home birth. Renee does all of the prenatal care and that includes all the blood tests and exams. We will refer out for our ultrasounds -- and I promise that everyone will get the see the images as soon as we have them!!! Renee will also guide me nutritionally over the next 9 months and beyond and will play a big role in my fitness goals as well. I am scheduling my first prenatal appointment for next week and I will update everyone on how the visit goes and on the health of the baby and I!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment