Friday, January 23, 2009

MY LUCY MOMENT (As My Dad Likes to Call It)


So I've read that the surge of hormones in early pregnancy can make you a little scatter brained, and that simple things can sometimes be forgotten or overlooked. Well -- yesterday -- Thursday January 22, 2009 to be exact -- my scattered brain forgot something alright!!! I grabbed everything that I needed for the day (including the dog/excluding my cell phone because it's in the car) and locked the house up and went down to the garage to load everything and everyone into the car. The car was locked. It was locked. LOCKED. Holy crap -- I forgot the keys. Holy crap -- I locked the house up!!! So I made the mad dash up the stairs to the door leading into our house and sure enough -- locked!!! Ok -- open the garage door!!! No -- because the garage door opener is locked inside the car and we dismantled the main garage door hub because our neighbors kept accidentally opening our garage door with their opener. Ok -- use the manual lever and lift the garage door!!! No -- because I can only lift that thing about 2 inches off of the floor!!!! At this pont I start to panic. I have no way to get ahold of anyone to tell them that I'm stuck (as I said earlier my phone is in the locked car) and that they have to come help me!!!! So I figure -- why not try to pick the lock. I don't know what brand of lock this is -- but everyone should have it because it did not budge!!! So my last and final attempt???? Kick the door in. That was laughable!!! Me, in high-heeled boots, on the stairs, trying to Derrick Morgan the door!!! Yeah right. That lasted a few kicks before I gave in to the situation and accepted my fate. I was locked in the garage until someone figured out that they hadn't heard from me all day. Well -- that would turn out to be 8 hours and 2 water bottles full of pee later. When Jason discovered my corpse (fine I was alive but I felt like the walking dead) I was so relieved that I burst into tears!!! 8 hours is a really really really really long time!!!! Plus I was starving!!! Soooooo -- what's the worst way to spend 8 hours while pregnant with absolutely no way to contact the outside world???? Uh huh -- you know the answer. But, baby and I are safe and Jason took us to the nearest fast food joint (as I couldn't wait for anything else) and we were fed and watered!!!! So we were saved by our knight in leather armor!!!! YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment