Monday, February 23, 2009

HAIR DRAMA FOR THE EXPECTANT MAMA!!!



Ok -- I think most everyone knows that up until 5 weeks ago I had dark auburn hair. I loved it. It was gorgeous. I thought I would never go back to blonde. Then I found out I was allergic to the PPD in color depositing dyes. My world was shattered -- ok -- it wasn't shattered -- but seriously disturbed. I had to begin the process of going back to blonde. YIKES. I knew that it was going to be a battle that would involve many processes, shades of orange never before seen on a human head, and damaged ends. I can safely say that all three of these situations did indeed occur!!! After lightening my hair twice on my own with a home highlighting kit (the results were far better than I could have hoped for) I decided that it was time to let the professionals tone down the orange and red still lingering. The pro added another round of highlights followed by an all over super duper uber gray ashe blonde. This trained stylist proceeded to leave the bleach on my already weak and damaged hair for 40 minutes then covered my whole head with the nasty gray color mentioned above. When all was said and done -- the parts that she bleached had pretty much burned off and the rest of my hair was a very unsightly shade of greenish/gray. I panicked -- threw a fit -- rolled on my bedroom floor crying my eyes out (ask Jason) -- then tried washing my hair. The color washed out a bit and I was left with an ashe blonde that was slightly more tolerable. The problem was that my hair was damaged beyond recognition. I knew in that moment that I would have to cut it off. I waited a few weeks before taking the plunge and lopping off my locks -- I needed to recover from the trauma of the color incident. So I gathered my courage Sunday morning and went to our favorite salon and told the gal (not my usual girl) to cut it to my chin with soft blendable layers -- I even showed her a picture. She styled my hair in this messy chunky style -- and I took off. This morning after I showered and started to style it myself I realized the horror that was the back of my head. As you can see in the first picture the left side of my hair is about an inch longer than right. Not the look I was going for. So I stormed back over to the salon and demanded that someone else fix the disaster that gal number 1 created. Hence picture number 2. I now have this insanely short A line cut that I never dreamed I would have in a million years. I'm trying to get used to it -- but when you get 9 inches hacked off of your head it's traumatic. I've had really positive responses to my hair and Jason seems to think that the short look is "sexy". So -- I'm gonna take everyone's word for it and hope that I too learn to love this new do!!! At the very least I hope I get better at styling it -- I have no idea how to manage it. I see many cute little hair clips and head bands in my future. Oh -- and the girl who fixed my hair said that this style would look really cute if I pulled either side back into pigtails!!! PIGTAILS???? Yeah -- the pebbles look is so in!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!! Anyhow -- that's the word over here for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment